I am a seasoned, freelance, independent product designer and user experience consultant with 19 years of experience based in Boston and New York City. I design useful, usable, and beautiful user experiences for mobile and desktop applications and specialize in making complex consumer and enterprise software easy to use.
- Design and Design Coaching for Future of Music Coalition's Artist Revenue Stream survey data portal
- Designer, UI Developer (GitHub) for SmallsLIVE (NYC Jazz Club's Musician Revenue Sharing Project)
- Redesign of TravelDragon.com
- Spoke at Dec. 2014 UX Boston Meetup
- Acting Creative Director for Dispatch (Book, track and manage with the world's most powerful on-demand services platform)
- Consulting Product Designer for Kyruus - providing vision designs and UX guidance to enable patients to get quicker access to the right specialists
My Design Methodology
As a "generalist" designer, my approach is holistic and includes problem definition and discovery, customer research, design strategy, interaction design, fast sketching, visual design and data visualization, prototyping, and front-end code. I also believe great design only exists when user and business problems are defined and solved in tandem. As such, part of my service to my clients (who are often entrepreneurs, engineers, and product managers) is teaching them how to empathize with their users so that human needs are always placed alongside business objectives.
Since 1996, I've designed, built, and shipped products for companies of all sizes including Fidelity, NetApp, Lycos, JP Morgan Chase, Accenture, MITRE, Tripadvisor, Elysium, Infinio, Eons, Akorri, DataXu, UpDown.com, and others. I am also a co-founder of the travel startup TravelDragon.com, a unique search engine to find and compare "trips of a lifetime" from the world's best adventure travel providers. (Full bio)
Recruiters: please read this before contacting me.